21st CCLC Certified Teacher
Job Type: Part-Time
Category: After School Age Child Care
601 26th Ave SE
Moultrie, GA 31768
The Moultrie YMCA is in search of applicants to work for the 21st Century Community Learning Center program who are certified teachers. 21st CCLC is an after-school tutoring program that teaches and tutors K - 5 students in reading and math (requires planning)
Cover Letter and Resume Required
Department: 21st Century Community Learning Center
Position Title: Certified Teacher
Reports To: 21st CCLC Program Director
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 5:30pm (plus 15 minute planning time and family night events)
Program runs September 5, 2017 - May 4, 2018
4 to 5 Parent Night Events from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
4 weeks of Summer School in June 2018
Under the direct supervision of the 21st CCLC Program Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the 21st CCLC Certified Teacher is responsible for developing and implementing academic plans, safe activities and participant satisfaction for the Moultrie YMCA 21st Century program. The Certified Teacher assumes responsibility for the welfare, supervision and safety of the children enrolled in the program.
The Moultrie YMCA is seeking applicants who are energetic, creative, caring and dependable. To perform satisfactorily, the incumbent should bring the following skills and/or experiences to this position:
- Teaching Certification required.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Strong personal relations skills.
- Practices caring, respect, faith, honesty, and responsibility.
- Ability to work in and resolve conflict situations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and high energy.
- Time management skills necessary to meet deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Adhere to all hourly staff guidelines. Show up for work on time and in dress code.
- Works collaboratively with Day Teachers and Youth Development Leaders to provide appropriate instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Provides weekly lesson plans.
- Administers pretests and posttests.
- Maintains consistent communication with Day Teachers on student performance.
- Maintains positive relationships with Students, Parents, Youth Development Leaders, Day Teachers, Site Coordinators and 21st CCLC Program Partners.
- Presents the YMCA mission and vision to staff, students, the school community and parents.
- Attends staff trainings and meetings.
- Ensures students board bus and roster is complete for driver.
- Adheres to all YMCA safety regulations at all times.