21st CCLC Youth Development Leader
Job Type: Part-Time
Category: After School Age Child Care
601 26th Ave SE
Moultrie, GA 31768
The Moultrie YMCA is in search of applicants to work for the 21st Century Community Learning Center program. 21st CCLC is an after-school tutoring program tutoring students K - 5 in reading and math.
Cover Letter and Resume Required
Department: 21st Century Community Learning Center
Position Title: Youth Development Leader
Reports To: 21st CCLC Program Director
Schedule: Monday - Friday 2:00pm - 5:30pm (plus family night events)
Program runs September 5, 2017 - May 4, 2017
4 to 5 Parent Night Events from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
4 weeks of Summer School in June 2018
Under the direct supervision of the 21st CCLC Program Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the 21st CCLC Youth Development Leader coordinates developmentally appropriate activities to foster individual growth and development of children in the 21st Century program at the Moultrie YMCA.
The Moultrie YMCA is seeking applicants who are energetic, caring, creative and dependable. To perform satisfactorily, the incumbent should bring the following skills and/or experiences to this position:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 18 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Some previous experience working with children.
- Willingness and ability to effectively communicate with youth.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and high energy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Adhere to all hourly staff guidelines. Show up for work on time and in dress code.
- Provides quality supervision to students in program.
- Provides academic tutoring to struggling students.
- Carries out planned enrichment activities, while being engaged with students.
- Assists during special events, snack service and dinner service.
- Maintains positive relationship with Site Coordinator, Lead Teachers and students.
- Serves as a positive role model to students.
- Presents the YMCA mission and vision to staff, students, school community and parents.